Relax and dream about the outdoors at this classic Maine shingle-style cottage on Maine's beautiful Sebec Lake in Dover-Foxcroft.
This Sebec Lake vacation cottage, otherwise known locally as a "camp", is right on the water’s edge and provides beautiful views and recreation potential. You can listen to the call of the loons early in the morning while enjoying a cup of coffee or while relaxing at the sunset.
The location is on the south side of Sebec Lake, only 5 miles from Dover-Foxcroft, a short walk from the public boat landing at Greeley's Landing, and near Maine's Peaks Kenny State Park.
Outside the camp, your deck overlooks a private dock and gravel boat launch area. Sebec Lake's clear water and sandy bottom provide great swimming, paddling, motor boating and fishing opportunities.
The swimming area at the cottage is sandy and protected from heavy waves by a rock wall that runs out into the water. This makes a great spot for kids to fish from or for diving into the lake.
Sebec Lake is a clear water lake that is perfect for kayaking, sailing, water skiing, or any other water sport you and your family might enjoy. The lake is about 11 miles long and about 2 miles wide at its widest point, about 6800 acres total.
Sebec Lake is well known for its fantastic fishing, including native landlocked salmon. There are also some of Maine's biggest togue (lake trout) along with plenty of small mouth bass and white perch, plus plenty of sunfish for the younger kids catch. We are happy to point you towards some of the best fishing spots on the lake. We have fished them all!
Dover-Foxcroft is only a 10 minute ride away. This quaint New England town is the capital of Piscataquis County, and has a golf course, churches, restaurants, grocery stores, a library, a small movie and entertainment theater offering the likes of Maine's own classic comedian Bob Marley, a laundry mat, full service hospital and shopping attractions. Don’t forget the ice cream parlors.
The camp accommodates up to 4 adults and 2 kids. It is very clean and comfortable and has been recently remodeled. The cottage has:
- 1 set of twin bunk beds and 1 full bed in the main cottage;
- A sofa in the living room can also be used for sleeping;
- The detached bunkhouse has 1 double bed with a dresser;
The bathroom with shower and large changing room is located in the bunkhouse;
- Bed linens (sheets, blankets, and pillows) are included;
- A well equipped kitchen with a microwave, stove, and refrigerator, as well as cooking and dining supplies;
- A gas grill on the deck;
- The living room has a TV for playing movies (TV reception is not available). A DVD/VCR player and movies are provided. There are also several Redbox machines in town that you can rent movies from;
- The cottage has board games and puzzles to do while relaxing;
- The cottage does not have a land line telephone or internet service except via cell phones;
- The cottage has a private dock and boat mooring, and the public boat landing and marina are within walking distance. You may also purchase gas for your boat there.
We are pet-friendly. After all, this is a family vacation cottage! One dog or cat is fine if kept on the property, is leashed while outside (per state law), is quiet, and you clean up after your pet.
Availability & Reservations
Call us for availability and to reserve your cottage. The cottage is normally available from May through October.